Dive with complete confidence thanks to the BlackTip Vacuum Bulkhead. This accessory allows you to check for any failures in your BlackTip’s tube and tail seals – before even getting your scooter wet! Divers are free to leave this bulkhead on their BlackTips while diving (by installing the standard nose on top of the bulkhead).
- All-aluminium construction
- Neutral and trim
- Built-in accessory / GoPro mount point
- External pressure release port plug
- Analog pressure gauge
- Built-in weight compartments for fine-tuning balance
- Handheld vacuum pump included
- Built-in handle for easy removal
- Extra BlackTip strap included to accommodate longer body
- Doubles as a soup or cereal bowl in a pinch : )
Note: This bulkhead creates a vacuum inside the scooter body to confirm the integrity of all the O-rings and seals in your Blacktip – except for the two O-rings on the nose. If you suspect there is a problem with the nose O-rings, you can install the nose on top of the vacuum bulkhead (and secure with the longer strap) and go diving. Even if the nose O-rings leak, the vacuum bulkhead will protect your batteries and electronics. However, this is a temporary fix. XR Scuba recommends replacing the O-rings annually. If the problem persists, let us know so we can perform an inspection.