BlackTip Travel Package +
High-performance scootering without breaking the bank or your back! Introducing the BlackTip underwater scooter, from the makers of the legendary Cuda and CudaX. Silent, compact and lightweight, the BlackTip scooter series consists of three models: the ultralight Travel, the trimmable Tech, and the maxed-out Exploration.
Weighing just 8 kg (without batteries), the BlackTip Travel combines the best of powerful scooter performance with lower cost and travel-friendly design. It is the smallest and lightest BlackTip model.
If your diving takes you deeper than 100 metres, then you can easily upgrade your BlackTip Travel with the Tech Tube Kit which is rated for 120 metres. Alternatively, you can configure your BlackTip for cave diving with the Exploration Tube Kit which doubles the battery compartments.
- Depth rating: 100 m (330 ft)
- Weight (with batteries): 10.5 kg (23 lb)
- Length: 61 cm (24 in)
- Max thrust: 253 N (57 lb)
- Max speed: 73 m/min (230 ft/min)
- Cruise speed: 45 m/min (150 ft/min)
- Runtime (cruise speed): 50 minutes
- Range (cruise speed): 2.3 km (1.4 mi)
- Tow-strap: Yes, included
- Camera mount: Yes, available
- Upgradable: Yes, to Tech or Exploration configurations
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
- Made in USA
Package + includes:
- BlackTip Travel DPV
- Premium batteries (1 pair) and fast charger
- Complimentary ballast tuning for neutral buoyancy in UAE saltwater
- Complimentary front bolt snap kit with free installation
- 90-minute hands-on BlackTip orientation workshop
- PADI® DPV Diver Course (e-learning fee included) (conducted in Dibba)
Our DPVs are non-returnable items. We recommend you visit the Dive Xtras website, read the User Manual, and do your research before making a purchase. XR Scuba is an authorised Dive Xtras dealer and we are happy to answer your questions. Batteries and chargers are not covered by manufacturer warranty.
Note 1: Your BlackTip features an innovative design which accepts a variety of battery capacities. However, each battery capacity affects your DPV’s buoyancy differently. The BlackTip Travel can be adjusted to either float trim or neutral, but not both. When you purchase our BlackTip Travel Package +, we configure your unit with our recommended battery selection. We also fine-tune the internal ballast to give your DPV neutral buoyancy for UAE saltwater diving.
Note 2: Your BlackTip is a powerful DPV and demands respect. If you are not an experienced DPV diver, then XR Scuba recommends you initially limit yourself to shallow dives with good visibility to avoid injury. Taking a DPV training course is ideal, which is why our BlackTip Travel Package + incorporates a discounted PADI® DPV Diver Course. We also include a 90-minute orientation workshop which gives you a hands-on introduction to your BlackTip’s exciting features, set-up, use, and post-dive care.
Note 3: The BlackTip Travel Package + does not ship. Once you have placed your order, you will receive your PADI e-Learning code. Once you have completed the e-Learning, we will contact you to schedule your Orientation Workshop and DPV Diver Course training (1 day, Dibba). You will receive your BlackTip DPV on that day.